Read Dr. Doug Hirschhorn's posts on the Penguin Blog.
Discover the success secrets of top performers who thrive in today's toughest frontline corporate jobs
Hard-hitting and pragmatic, Hirschhorn's no-nonsense advice has inspired thousands via his lectures, one-on-one coaching, and media appearances. But 8 Ways to Great goes beyond inspiration to provide the practical tools that anyone can use-no matter what their profession or personal goals-to break through self-defeating behaviors and deluded thinking to truly excel.
1. Let your true passion be your core motivation.
2. Develop self-awareness and use what you know about both your strengths and weaknesses.
3. Set goals and game plans-and learn to love this process, because it is all about the process.
4. Identify your competitive advantage-what sets you apart and what will turn the odds in your favor.
5. Develop inner confidence that keeps you from judging yourself based on other's standards and expectations.
6. Keep your cool-and don't let emotions dictate your decisions.
7. Take risks yet act intelligently with imperfect information.
8. Be accountable.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Dr. Doug Hirschhorn is a performance coach and executive trainer schooled in sports psychology and experienced on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade, who talks the talk and walks the walk when it come to his job—to coach high achievers in the trading business from good to exceptional. He has conducted more than 400 workshops at financial institutions, multi-billion dollar hedge funds, and corporations across the country in addition to his one-on-one coaching. He has appeared on "The Today Show" and repeatedly on a host of CNBC programs, including "The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch," "Fast Money," "Power Lunch," "The Millionaire Inside," "Squawk on the Street" and "Closing Bell."
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description G.P. Putnam's Sons, 2009. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110399156089
Book Description G.P. Putnam's Sons. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0399156089 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0143384