Drawing on literature, art, film theatre, music and much more, American Cultural Studies is an interdisciplinary introduction to American culture for those taking American Studies. This textbook:
* introduces the full range and variety of American culture including issues of race, gender and youth
* provides a truly interdisciplinary methodology
* suggests and discusses a variety of approaches to study
* highlights American distinctiveness
* draws on literature, art, film, theatre, architecture, music and more
* challenges orthodox paradigms of American Studies.
This is a fast-expanding subject area, and Campbell and Kean's book will certainly be a staple part of any cultural studies student's reading diet.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Routledge, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0415127971