The first edition of <The Cultural Studies Reader> established itself as the leading textbook in the field, providing the ideal introduction for students to this exciting and influential discipline. This expanded second edition offers:
* 38 essays including 18 new articles
* an editor's preface succinctly introducing each article
* comprehensive coverage of every major cultural studies method and theory
* an updated account of recent changes in the field
* articles on new areas such as science and cyberculture, globalization, postcolonialism, public spheres and cultural policy
* a fully revised introduction and an extensive guide to further reading.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Simon During teaches English and Cultural Studies at the University of Melbourne. His publications include Foucault and Literature (Routledge, 1992), Patrick White (1996), and many articles in literary and cultural studies.From Library Journal:
Editor During ( Foucault and Literature , Routledge, 1992) highlights major issues, trends, and hypotheses critical to scholars of contemporary culture since the 1950s, when cultural studies emerged as an academic discipline. The 27 essays by Theodor Adorno, Roland Barthes, Teresa de Lauretis, Michel Foucault, Michele Wallace, and Cornel West, among others, range from ethnicity, multiculturalism, and sexuality to theory and method. Comments and suggested readings accompany each essay, and a valuable introduction places the intellectual and political forces that have shaped cultural studies in their historical context. This volume will appeal to advanced students and scholars; recommended for libraries with in-depth collections in cultural studies and sociology.
- Charles L. Lumpkins, Bloomsburg Univ. Lib. , Pa.
Copyright 1993 Reed Business Information, Inc.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Routledge, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0415137543
Book Description Routledge, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110415137543
Book Description Routledge. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0415137543 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0146411