This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This is a comprehensive reference work which surveys all aspects of the history of medicine, both clinical and social, and reflects the complementary approaches to the discipline. The editors have assembled an international team of scholars to provide detailed and informative factual surveys with contemporary interpretations and historiographical debate.
* Comprehensive: 72 substantial and original essays from internationally respected scholars
* Unique: no other publication provides so much information in two volumes
* Broad-ranging: includes coverage of non-Western as well as Western medicine
* Up-to-date: incorporates the very latest in historical research and interpretation
* User-friendly: clearly laid out and readable, with a full index of Topics and People
* Indispensable: essential information for study and research, including bibliographic notes and cross-referencing between articles.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
'It is both intelligent and discursive, and anyone with an interest in medicine past or present should have it on their shelves.' - The Daily Telegraph
W. F. Bynum and Roy Porter are both at the Wellcome Institute for the History of Medicine.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Routledge. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110415164192
Book Description Routledge, 1994. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0415164192