Fascism in Europe, 1919-1945 surveys the phenomenon which is still the object of interest and debate over fifty years after its defeat in the Second World War. It introduces the recent scholarship and continuing debates on the nature of fascism as well as the often contentious contributions by foreign historians and political scientists.
From the pre-First World War intellectual origins of Fascism to its demise in 1945, this book examines:
* the two 'waves' of fascism - in the immediate post-war period and in the late 1920s and early 1930s
* whether the European crisis created by the Treaty of Versailles allowed fascism to take root
* why fascism came to power in Italy and Germany, but not anywhere else in Europe
* fascism's own claim to be an international and internationalist movement
* the idea of 'totalitarianism' as the most useful and appropriate way of analyzing the fascist regimes.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
'A useful addition to the burgeoning historiography of fascism ... that is rare in being both lively and clearly written with a light touch.' - BBC History Magazine, February 2003
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Routledge, London., 2003. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 5 plates plus 2 maps (illustrator). 1st Edition. New. No jacket as issued. Bookseller Inventory # 019280
Book Description Routledge. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW Hardcover - 240pp - This title is now printed on demand - please allow 2-3 weeks added time for shipment - Extra shipping required as this ships via Fedex. A Brand New Quality Book from a Full-Time Bookshop in business since 1992!. Bookseller Inventory # 1967488
Book Description Routledge, 2017. Hardback. Book Condition: NEW. 9780415169424 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Print on Demand title, produced to the highest standard, and there would be a delay in dispatch of around 10 working days. For all enquiries, please contact Herb Tandree Philosophy Books directly - customer service is our primary goal. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE0216993