This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
From the catwalk to the shopping mall, from the big screen to the art museum, fashion plays an increasingly central role in contemporary culture. Fashion Cultures investigates why we are so fascinated by fashion and the associated spheres of photography, magazines and television, and shopping.
* re-addresses the fashionable image, considering the work of designers from Paul Smith to Alexander McQueen and Hussein Chalayan
* investigates the radicalism of fashion photography, from William Klein to Corinne Day
* considers fashion for the 'unfashionable body' (the old and the big), football and fashion, and geographies of style
* explores the relationship between fashion and the moving image in discussions of female cinema icons - from Grace Kelly to Gwyneth Paltrow - and iconic male images - from Cary Grant to Malcolm X and Mr Darcy - that have redefined notions of masculinity and cool
* makes a significant intervention into contemporary gender politics and theory, exploring themes such as spectacle, masquerade, and the struggle between fashion and feminism.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Stella Bruzzi is Senior Lecturer in Media Arts at Royal Holloway College, London. She is the author of Undressing Cinema (Routledge 1997) and New Documentary: A Critical Introduction (Routledge 2000). Pamela Church Gibson is Senior Lecturer at the London College of Fashion. She is co-editor of Dirty Looks: Women, Power, Pornography (BFI 1993) and co-editor of the Oxford Guide to Film Studies (Oxford University Press 1998).
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Routledge, 2001. Hardcover. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0415206855
Book Description Routledge, 2001. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0415206855
Book Description Routledge. Condition: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW Hardcover - 416pp - This title is now printed on demand - please allow an added 2-3 weeks for shipment! A Brand New Quality Book from a Full-Time Bookshop in business since 1992!. Seller Inventory # 1968801
Book Description Routledge, 2001. Hardcover. Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 416 pages. 9.75x7.25x1.00 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # zk0415206855
Book Description Routledge, 2001. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0415206855n