This comprehensive and user-friendly textbook provides a single volume resource for all those studying Japan's international relations. The book offers a clear and concise introduction to the most important aspects of Japan's role in the globalized economy of the twenty-first century.
Japan's International Relations:
* examines the historical context of Japan's emergence on to the world stage
* looks at Japan's international relations in terms of the core issues of politics, economics and security
* provides detailed accounts of Japan's key relationships with the US, East Asia, the EU and global institutions
* explores the effects of contemporary events such as the Asian financial crisis and the launch of the Euro
* is extensively illustrated throughout with statistics, maps, photographs, chapter summaries and suggestions for further reading
It is essential reading for those studying Japanese politics and the international relations of the Asia Pacific, as well as US and European foreign policy.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Glenn D Hook is Professor of Japanese Studies in the School of East Asian Studies, University of Sheffield.
Julie Gilson is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Politics and International Studies, University of Birmingham.
Christopher W. Hughes is Principal Research Fellow in the ESRC Centre for the Study of Globalization and Regionalization, and Reader in the Department of Politics and Internatioal Studies, University of Warwick.
Hugo Dobson is Senior Lecturer in the School of East Asian Studies, University of Sheffield.Review:
No other book has comparable breadth and depth of coverage. Japan's International Relations has a basic clarity that will appeal to novices but a nuanced depth that will simultaneously make it required reading for experts. It is a wonderful book.
–T.J. Pempel, Boeing Professor of International Studies, University of Washington
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Routledge, 2001. Library Binding. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0415240972
Book Description Routledge, 2001. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 448 pages. 9.50x7.00x1.25 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 0415240972