Essentials of Elementary Social Studies is a teacher friendly text that provides comprehensive treatment of classroom planning, instruction, and strategies. Praised for its dynamic approaches and a writing style that is conversational, personal, and professional, this text enables and encourages teachers to effectively teach elementary social studies using creative and active learning strategies.
New to this Edition
This fourth edition has been significantly refined with new and relevant topics and strategies needed for effectively teaching elementary social studies.
· Keeping with the book’s emphasis on planning and teaching, a full, new chapter on lesson plans has been added. This chapter is designed to provide elementary teachers with 14 classroom tested lessons for each grade level (K-6).
· A new chapter on technology is designed to better prepare elementary teachers to effectively teach social studies with technology. Attention is given to digital history, media literacy, teaching with film and music, and numerous other types of impactful technology.
· Each chapter now includes a “Resources” section. The resources section provides various resources for further development. The section includes articles, books, and web resources.
· Each chapter now includes “Extension” and "Focus" activities. These activities provide readers with the opportunity to extend the learning experience with relevant and meaningful scenarios. Instructors can also use the extension and focus activities as class activities.
· Brand new companion website expands on chapter content and provides resources for further study (www.routledge.com/cw/Turner).
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Thomas N. Turner is Professor of Social Science Education in the Department of Theory and Practice in Teacher Education at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
William B. Russell III is Associate Professor of Social Science Education at The University of Central Florida.
Stewart Waters is Assistant Professor of Social Science Education in the Department of Theory and Practice in Teacher Education at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Routledge. Paperback. Book Condition: New. International Edition. Very fast shipping. Receive your book in 2-7 business days if you checkout with expedited shipping. We take pride in our customer service, please contact us if you have any questions regarding the listing. Bookseller Inventory # in-us-9780415638500
Book Description Routledge. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW Hardcover - 286pp - This title is now printed on demand - please allow an added 2-3 weeks for shipment! A Brand New Quality Book from a Full-Time Bookshop in business since 1992!. Bookseller Inventory # 1987464
Book Description Routledge, 2017. Hardback. Book Condition: NEW. 9780415638500 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Print on Demand title, produced to the highest standard, and there would be a delay in dispatch of around 10 working days. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE0219830
Book Description Routledge, 2013. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 4th edition. 288 pages. 10.00x7.00x1.00 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # __041563850X
Book Description 2012. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 4th. Hardcover. Essentials of Elementary Social Studies is a teacher friendly text that provides comprehensive treatment of classroom planning, instruction, and strategies. Praised for its dy.Shipping may be from our Sydney, NSW warehouse or from our UK or US warehouse, depending on stock availability. 304 pages. 0.557. Bookseller Inventory # 9780415638500
Book Description Routledge, 2013. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P11041563850X
Book Description Routledge, 2013. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M041563850X