Everything You Need to Know to Protect Yourself and Your Child from the Most Deadly Food Allergy
Allergies to peanuts or peanut products have been growing in recent years-1.7 million Americans suffer from these allergies. Peanuts can easily contaminate food products and are commonly found in school cafeterias, in restaurants, and on supermarket shelves, making it difficult to avoid accidental reactions. This allergy can be hazardous-and even fatal-so it's essential to be well informed. This guide offers clear, easy-to-understand information on:
- The causes of peanut allergies
- How to recognize a potential allergy
- Preventing or dealing with an allergic reaction
- Teaching your child to handle his condition
- How to find the right allergist and discover what treatments are available
- How to read product labels, talk to school officials, and question restaurant personnel
- The physical and psychological consequences of peanut allergy
- The chances of outgrowing peanut allergy
- Resources for further information
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Scott H. Sicherer, M. D., is Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City and a researcher in the Jaffe Food Allergy Institute.
Terry Malloy is a health writer and the author of Botox and Liposuction.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Berkley, 2005. Mass Market Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0425204413
Book Description Berkley, 2005. Mass Market Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0425204413
Book Description Berkley, 2005. Mass Market Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110425204413
Book Description Berkley. MASS MARKET PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0425204413 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0153673