This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
- On a Night Like This was published in Warner hardcover (0-446-53141-3) in 2/04, an excerpt of which was published in the San Francisco Chronicle. It received early accolades from such notable authors as Pam Houston, Lalita Tademy, Amanda Eyre Ward, and Katherine Weber.
- Ellen Sussman imbues this heartbreaking tale with the same emotional intensity as Anita Shreve's Sea Glass (Little, Brown and Company, 4/02), Elizabeth Berg's Open House (Ballantine, 2001), and Sue Miller's While I Was Gone (Ballantine, 1999).
- On a Night Like This is the kind of timeless love story and commercial novel that will appeal to audiences in the trade paperback format.
- Ellen Sussman is the winner of short story contests in both Redbook and Paris Transcontinental.
- Available as a Time Warner AudioBook.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Ellen Sussman lives in Northern California with her husband and two daughters.From AudioFile:
Barbara Goodson and Michael Gough share in narrating this evocative love story. Luke Bellingham is a successful screenwriter who has retreated from life after his wife left him. He volunteers to find "lost souls" for their high school reunion, but the truth is that the only person he really wants to find is Blair Clemens, who inspired his first (and grandly successful) screenplay. When she turns up, he learns she's terminally ill. Although this plot could have been overly sentimental, happily, it turns out to be a romantic and realistic story of two people bringing love into each other's lives. Goodson and Gough voice the emotions of the story simply and cleanly, and convey the souls of the characters. The passages they read are well assigned, and long enough so that the switches are not distracting. Sussman has crafted an emotionally resonant novel and the narrators do it full justice. M.A.M. Winner of AudioFile Earphones Award © AudioFile 2004, Portland, Maine-- Copyright © AudioFile, Portland, Maine
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Grand Central Publishing, 2005. Paperback. Condition: New. New and UNREAD paperback from bookstore stock. May contain a price sticker.; 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed! Ships same or next business day!. Seller Inventory # 121703090018
Book Description Grand Central Publishing, 2005. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0446693626
Book Description Grand Central Publishing, 2005. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0446693626
Book Description Grand Central Publishing, 2005. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110446693626