You can get there
Where do you want to go? You might already be working in a business setting. You may be looking to expand your skills. Or, you might be setting out on a new career path.
Wherever you want to go, Business Math will help you get there. Easy-to-read, practical, and up-to-date, this text not only helps you learn fundamental mathematical concepts needed for business, it also helps you master the core competencies and skills you need to succeed in the classroom and beyond. The book's brief, modular format and variety of built-in learning resources enable you to learn at your own pace and focus your studies.
With this book, you will be able to:
* Understand the business uses of percent calculations.
* Solve business problems using algebraic equations.
* Learn why stores markup and markdown their inventory.
* Calculate different types of discounts.
* Examine different banking options.
* Compare personal, sales, and property taxes and the implications of taxing income, property, and retail sales.
* Calculate simple and compound interest and learn how each affects the future value of money.
* Explore the uses of promissory notes, mortgages, and credit cards and how to calculate the cost of each.
* Learn different ways to determine the loss of value of business property and equipment, and the effect of depreciation on taxes.
* Examine financial statements and learn how to read the income statement and the balance sheet.
* Learn how to calculate the mean, median, mode, and range of data.
Wiley Pathways helps you achieve your goals
When it comes to learning about business, not everyone is on the same path. But everyone wants to succeed. The new Wiley Pathways series in Business helps you achieve your goals with its brief, inviting format, clear language, and focus on core competencies and skills.
The books in this series--Finance, Business Communication, Marketing, Business Math, and Real Estate--offer a coordinated curriculum for learning business. Learn more at www.wiley.com/go/pathways.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"...the book is particularly effective at showing that several basic aspects of business can be well understood...by using elementary mathematics." (Journal of the Operational Research Society, 58/2007)
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2017. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used! This item is printed on demand. Bookseller Inventory # P110470007192
Book Description Wiley. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0470007192 *BRAND NEW* Ships Same Day or Next!. Bookseller Inventory # NATARAJB1FI932962
Book Description Wiley, 2006. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0470007192
Book Description Wiley. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0470007192 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0174832
Book Description Wiley, 2006. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0470007192
Book Description Wiley 2006-11-17, Chichester, 2006. paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # 9780470007198
Book Description John Wiley and#38; Sons, 2006. PAP. Book Condition: New. New Book. Delivered from our UK warehouse in 4 to 14 business days. THIS BOOK IS PRINTED ON DEMAND. Established seller since 2000. Bookseller Inventory # IQ-9780470007198
Book Description Wiley, 2017. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used! This item is printed on demand. Bookseller Inventory # 0470007192
Book Description Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # ria9780470007198_ing
Book Description Wiley, 2006. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # INGM9780470007198