This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Not just a recipe book, Betty Crocker Baking Basics is a one-stop beginner's guide for new bakers, with friendly easy-to-follow directions, 360 photos, features and lots of tips designed to make baking feel easy and fun.
* BC Baking Basics is the companion title to Betty Crocker Cooking Basics 2e, which will be release in Fall 08, with the same lay-flat wiro format and price point.
* The titles features 90 simple and popular baked goods, including Lemon Bars, Peanut Butter Cookies, Tres Leches Cake, Red Velvet Cupcakes, Fresh Apple Pie, Three-Berry Tart, Banana Bread, Cornbread, Almond-Poppy Seed Muffins, Pizza Dough, Four-Grain Batter Bread, Strawberry Shortcake, Hot Fudge Sundae Cake, Fresh Peach Cobbler, Molten Chocolate Cake, Best-Ever Lemon Meringue Pie, and Creme Brulee.
* Design and voice appeals to today's young bakers: Up-to-date information and photos cover contemporary topics like the best equipment to buy (as well as a "wish list" for people who want to buy a few special tools). Features like "What Went Wrong" maintain a casual approach to baking designer to appeal to new bakers looking more to bake as a fun activity to enjoy with friends or with your kids. The conversational tone will sound more like a sister or a friend rather than Mom.
* 360 color photos include 90 beauty shots and 270 how-to and ID shots. Every recipe will have a finished photo and a how-to shot.
* Special baking features employ how-to photos and tips to cover basics baking techniques such as frosting and decorating a cake, rolling out pie crust, and kneading and shaping bread dough.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The One Cookbook You Need to Fix All Your Favorite Treats!
Everybody loves homemade cookies, cakes, pies and muffins. If you want to start baking these treats but aren't quite sure how, then Betty Crocker Baking Basics is the cookbook for you. Inside, you'll find easy recipes for all your favorites, from Peanut Butter Cookies, Carrot Cake and Pumpkin Pie to Caramel Sticky Rolls, Berry Cheesecake and Molten Chocolate Cakes. For each recipe, illustrated techniques and goof-proof instructions guide you step by step to delicious results—even if you've never baked before. You also get lots of helpful pointers and information that demystify basic skills and help you start baking with confidence.
90 easy recipes show how to fix your favorite baked treats
How-to photographs for each recipe illustrate key steps
"101" sections explain the basics of cookies, cakes, muffins and more
Recipes range from simple snacks to showstoppers like Chocolate Soufflé
An illustrated guide covers essential baking equipment and techniques
Every recipe includes cooking times, nutrition information and high-altitude baking instructions
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Betty Crocker, 2009. Spiral-bound. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P11047028661X