The rapid advancement in digital technology in recent years has allowed the implementation of incredibly sophisticated digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms that make real-time tasks feasible. Real-time DSP is currently a very hot subject in today's engineering fields fuelled by the ever-increasing demand for high-performance digital signal processors. The TMS320C55x is the latest of Texas Instrument's line of highly successful DSP chips, which is anticipated to dominate the market in 2001.
Placing emphasis on the practical aspects of real time DSP concepts and applications by taking a systems design, implementation and simulation approach, this text bridges the gap in the existing DSP literature which covers theory, MATLAB and C and Lab manuals. A hands-on, tutorial approach enables the understanding of real-time DSP systems principles and real-world applications using MATLAB, C and various assembly programs based on TI's TMS320C55x.
* Tutorial based presentation, allowing the reader to master the theory of digital signal processing and the important skill of real-time DSP design and implementation techniques.
* Focuses on practical aspects of real-time DSP concepts and applications from a system design and implementation point of view
* Accompanying CD-ROM containing MATLAB and C assembly programs will allow a hands-on illustration of real-time DSP application
* For readers with access to a TI DSP lab, an Evaluation Module (EVM) with Code Compressor Studio (CCS) of TMS320C55x will be integrated into lab experiments, projects and applications from in-text references
A valuable, leading edge resource for senior graduate students of digital signal processing and practising engineers developing real-time DSP applications.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Real-time functionality is the latest challenge facing high performance digital signal processors and DSP applications. Its successful deployment requires a thorough understanding of DSP theory as well as mastery of skills in real-time DSP design and implementation techniques. With this in mind Real-time Digital Signal Processing offers readers a hands-on tutorial approach, using the latest Texas Instruments TM320C55x processor in illustrative experiments and field applications.
* A wealth of lab-exercises and experiments using MATLAB, C and the TMS320C55x assembly language, covering everything from basic concepts to telecommunications applications.
* A review of the fundamentals of real-time DSP theories in practice, plus programming examples using the Code Composer Studio development environment.
* Guidance on the selection of DSP chips to suit a variety of applications along with a consideration of real-time constraints, hardware options and fixed and floating point devices.
* Accompanying website providing software for use with the end-of-chapter experiments detailed throughout the book.
This practical guide will prove a valuable tool for students of digital signal processing and a self-contained reference for practising engineers and systems programmers developing new DSP applications.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want