A complete update of the definitive guide to the planning and scheduling of construction projects
Now with a dedicated Web site containing a downloadable version of the premier CPM scheduling software program-Micro Planner Manager(r) from MicroPlanning International for both Windows(r) and Macintosh platforms
This Fourth Edition of Construction Project Management reaffirms the book's status as the industry-leading, definitive guide to the Critical Path Method (CPM) of project scheduling. It combines a solid foundation in the principles and fundamentals of CPM with particular emphasis on project planning. A highway bridge with a complete cost estimate is used to illustrate each of the principles of project management. Using this basic information and the case studies in the appendix, students are given project management problems and hands-on project management experience.
Important features of Construction Project Management, Fourth Edition include:
* Complete coverage of planning and scheduling principles that apply to every type of construction project
* Special emphasis on the most difficult and important part of CPM-the planning process
* A new chapter on production planning, the process of turning the project plan into efficient workplace operations
* New methods for handling construction contingency planning and weather delays
* In-depth coverage of the legal aspects of CPM scheduling
* Large illustrations conveniently tucked into a back cover pocket
An excellent text for both building construction and construction engineering students, this book is also an indispensable on-the-job reference for builders, architects, civil engineers, and other construction professionals.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
RICHARD H. CLOUGH, ScD, is Professor of Civil Engineering Emeritus and former dean of the College of Engineering at the University of New Mexico. GLENN A. SEARS, Engineer, is Professor of Construction Engineering and Management Emeritus at the University of New Mexico.
S. KEOKI SEARS, MSc, is a senior project manager with CH2MHill and is currently working on a project in Germany.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description John Wiley & Sons, 1979. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M047104895X