This introductory textbook covers statistical quality control and reliability, emphasizing quality and essential material for all engineers. It features chapters on decision theory and stochastic models as well as a discussion of computer programs for multiple regression analysis.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Now with even more examples with real data, real-world applications, and computer exercise, the Fourth Edition of this accessible text prepares you for situations you're likely to encounter as a professionakl engineer.
Together with new co-authors David Goldsman and Connie Borror, William Hines and Douglas Montgomery have refined their highly effective pedagogical framework to make their text even more user friendly. This Fourth Edition also features a new chapter on statistical methods for computer situation, as well exceptionally clear statistical coverage, expanded discussions of quiality control, experimental design, and different types of interval estimation, and coverage of such special topics as nonparametric statistics, p-values in hypothetical testing, and residual analysis.
Highlights of the Fourth Edition:
* New examples and applications provide a real-world perspective on how engineers use probability and statistics in professional practice.
* Over 600 exercises, including many new computation problems, provide opportunities for hands-on learning.
* An entirely new chapter on statistical methods for computer simulation methods covers Monte Carlo experimentation, random number and variate generation, and simulation output data analysis.
* New chapter organization starts with probability theory and progresses through random variables, discrete and continuous distributions, and normal distribution, before introducing statistics and data description techniques.
* Each chapter starts with an introduction that describes the importance of the topic and features interesting historical information related to the topic.
* End-of-chapter summaries reinforce the main topics and goals of the chapter.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want