The key to successful business and travel in today's Mexico In Mexico, as everywhere, details of etiquette, culture, and protocol can make or break any business or social interaction. This fascinating and informative guide provides everything you need to develop a solid working knowledge of the Mexican people, their unique customs and values, and their distinct world view. You'll learn:
* How to talk to superiors and subordinates in the work-place, work with bureaucrats and officials, and schedule meetings
* Crucial information on family, gender roles, bureaucracy, religion, time, manners, dress and appearance, meals, work, and leisure
* Distinctions between rural and city life
* The fine points of body language, socializing, conversing, making friends, dining out, romance, and Mexican humor
* Insights into traditional Mexican mores and how they are changing in response to rapid modernization
If you are planning to live, visit, or do business in Mexico, here is a reference you cannot afford to be without.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
For visitors to Mexico, people doing business with Mexicans or for students wanting an informative introduction to contemporary Mexican society, this guide includes information on religion, gender relations, dress and appearance, manners, meals and concepts of time. Contains information on how attitudes and behaviors are changing in response to rapid modernization and increased interdependence with the United States. Includes appendices providing basic facts about Mexico.About the Author:
PAULA HEUSINKVELD, Ph.D., has traveled extensively in Mexico since 1965 as a student, professor, writer, lecturer, and study program director. Currently an associate professor of Spanish at Clemson University, she has published many articles and conducted numerous seminars on language and cross-cultural topics.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 1994. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0471089796
Book Description Wiley, 1994. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110471089796
Book Description Wiley. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0471089796 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0182357