This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The definitive practical guide to understanding and solving seepage and drainage problems
Now in its third edition, this unique resource offers simple methods for analyzing and designing seepage and groundwater control systems for all major types of civil engineering works. Complete with solid coverage of seepage principles and flow net construction, this book is an invaluable aid to engineering professionals and students in mastering this vital subject.
Seepage, Drainage, and Flow Nets, Third Edition, features:
* Clear explanations of Darcy's law, permeability, and other core concepts
* Seepage analyses and drainage designs for earth dams, levees, foundations, earth slopes, roads, airfields, streets, parking lots, and more
* Information on contemporary topics, including "wick" drains, "fin" drains, and the protection of groundwaters from contamination
* An assessment of computer solutions to seepage and drainage problems
* Over 100 examples of flow nets, ranging from the simple to the complex --accompanied by step-by-step instructions
* Useful chapter references to facilitate further study.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
HARRY R. CEDERGREN (1911-1996) was a civil engineer acclaimed for his extensive work in the area of seepage analysis and drainage design. During a career which spanned almost five decades, he was an active consultant, lecturer, and teacher, and held positions with the U.S. Corps of Engineers and the California Division of Highways. He was a member of the Transportation Research Board and the author of Drainage of Highway and Airfield Pavements.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description John Wiley & Sons Inc, 1967. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0471141801
Book Description John Wiley & Sons Inc, 1967. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110471141801
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # S-0471141801