This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
A total blueprint for planning and implementing a state-of-the-art intranet in your organization!
Intranets are an economical, easy to use, and secure way to bring the many benefits of the World Wide Web to your company. They have been proven to save cost and significantly increase productivity in major companies around the world. Yet, selling upper management on the idea of an intranet isn't always easy.
Intranet Business Strategies is for business and IT managers interested in helping their companies profit from the many advantages of a private, Web-based network. It's also a complete, step-by-step guide for all those involved in planning and implementing their organization's intranet. With the help of case studies from 13 leading companies, including JCPenney, Bell Atlantic, EDS, Texas Instruments, and Turner Broadcasting, intranet expert Mellanie Hills:
* Analyzes the advantages, disadvantages, costs, and benefits of an intranet
* Demonstrates what an intranet can do for your company
* Explores what intranets look like, who uses them, and many other practical strategic issues
* Helps you determine whether your company is ready for an intranet
* Provides you with a step-by-step plan for implementing an intranet along with detailed checklists
* Shows you how to determine and develop your infrastructure needs
* Describes the tools you'll need and how to select and acquire them
* Offers a complete plan for selling an intranet to your company including a sample presentation with web pages
* Shows how to involve all areas of your company to develop your intranet
* Highlights the lessons learned from 13 companies that have been there
* Demonstrates how to create an intranet team and includes actual meeting agendas
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Intranets Private web-based networks-- internal web sites-- located within an organization's firewalls, that connect employees and business partners to vital corporate information. Intranet systems can be cheap, easy to use, and secure. The intranet has been deemed the new killer application for business-- by everyone from BusinessWeek to Computer World. This book shows companies how to develop the best plan for implementing an intranet. Revealing the best intranet uses, including its advantages and disadvantages, the book explores how an intranet will fit into the organization, who is going to use it, what it should look like, and other practical strategic issues. Author Mellanie Hills also shares intranet experiences from over twenty companies, using case studies and including actual intranet interface in the book.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley 1996-09-21, 1996. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0471163740 BRAND NEW. Over 1,000,000 satisfied customers since 1997! We ship daily M-F. Choose expedited shipping (if available) for much faster delivery. Delivery confirmation on all US orders. Seller Inventory # Z0471163740ZN
Book Description Wiley. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0471163740 Brand new. Seller Inventory # SKU1024709
Book Description Wiley, 1996. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0471163740
Book Description Wiley, 1996. Paperback. Condition: New. BRAND NEW COPY, Perfect Shape, No Black Remainder Mark,Fast Shipping With Online Tracking, International Orders shipped Global Priority Air Mail, All orders handled with care and shipped promptly in secure packaging, we ship Mon-Sat and send shipment confirmation emails. Our customer service is friendly, we answer emails fast, accept returns and work hard to deliver 100% Customer Satisfaction!. Seller Inventory # 9015905
Book Description Wiley, 1996. Paperback. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX0471163740