This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This revised edition presents new material on current design techniques, requirements, and trends--including computer-aided design, retail merchandising, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
* New planning and design case studies feature fine dining, country club, family-owned, quick service, and university foodservice facilities.
* The authors have academic and practical industry experience in foodservice facilities design.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
A complete guide to the planning and design of foodservice facilities-from concept to operation
Design and Layout of Foodservice Facilities, Second Edition offers an extensive reference manual for the entire foodservice development process-from the initial food concept through the steps of planning, financing, design, and construction, and on to the final inspection that occurs just prior to the opening of the establishment. Packed with valuable drawings, photographs, and charts, this essential nuts-and-bolts guide deals with feasibility, space analysis and programming, layout, equipment selections, and architecture and engineering.
This extensively updated edition presents:
* Thorough coverage of the planning, feasibility, and concept development steps that are a prelude to a successful design project
* A focused presentation of the roles and responsibilities of each member of the project team, designed to assist hospitality professionals in becoming effective participants
* An expanded discussion of the steps in the design sequence so that hospitality professionals know what to expect, and when, from their architects, engineers, and consultants
* Greater emphasis on programming and space analysis for each of the functional areas of a foodservice facility, from receiving through preparation to service and warewashing
* An enhanced introduction to the major types of commercial foodservice equipment, emphasizing relevant selection criteria and covering recent innovations
Design and Layout of Foodservice Facilities, Second Edition is an invaluable resource for hospitality professionals who are planning or who are now involved in foodservice design projects.
JOHN C. BIRCHFIELD, FFCSI, is founder of Birchfield Foodsystems in Annapolis, Maryland, and was an associate professor of Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Management at Michigan State University.
RAYMOND T. SPARROWE, PhD, is a faculty member at the John M. Olin School of Business at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, and has more than fifteen years' experience as a foodservice design and management consultant.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2002. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110471292095
Book Description Wiley, 2002. Hardcover. Condition: New. 2. Seller Inventory # DADAX0471292095
Book Description Wiley, 2002. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0471292095
Book Description Wiley. Hardcover. Condition: New. 0471292095 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW99.1176773
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STRM-0471292095
Book Description Wiley, 2002. Hardcover. Condition: New. 2. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0471292095n