Written by an international authority on environmental microbiology and virology, Wastewater Microbiology, Second Edition is an invaluable reference tool that provides readers with concise, up-to-date coverage of microbiological developments and public health aspects in the field of wastewater treatment.
This new edition supplies readers with a basic background in microbiology, metabolism, and ecology and uses the principles and recent discoveries in engineering and microbiology to examine the practical issues of treatment, disinfection, and remediation.
Complete with new figures and tables, as well as color photographs shot using rRNA probes, this updated edition covers topics that include:
* Recent trends in wastewater microbiology and genetic tools used in the detection of parasites and pathogens, including biotechnological applications for treatment plants
* The emergence of new pathogens in water and the microbiology of drinking water
* The disposal of biosolids and wastewater in wetlands and receiving waters
* The new methodology revealing the heterogeneous structure of biofilms and their complex biodiversity
* Updated information on pollution control biotechnology
An authoritative guide for all researchers, administrators, and engineers in the field of microbiology, Wastewater Management, Second Edition is also an essential reference for civil engineers, public health officials, and students involved in environmental sciences.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"A Technical reference to the microbiology of wastewater treatment." --Water Waste Treatment, 7/99
"There have been several earlier books on the same topic, this book is a few steps above mediocre and thus, arguably, the best of the lot." --The Quarterly Review of Biology, Vol. 74, no. 4, December 1999
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley-Liss, 1999. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0471320471
Book Description Wiley-Liss, 1999. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110471320471