Expert Oliver C. Ibe provides you with the technical background you need to confidently select and implement the best remote access technologies for your company's network. He fills you in on everything you should know about how remote traffic is processed from source to network, and the technologies, services, and protocols it is likely to encounter along the way. He also acquaints you with all the remote access devices currently on the market, and describes, in detail, how each will perform with legacy networking services and technologies.
With the help of numerous illustrations and time flow diagrams, and a complete glossary of technical terms, he provides clear, detailed coverage of:
* xDSL, HFC, FTTC, FTTH, and other broadband access technologies.
* Remote access performance with legacy and emerging technologies and services.
* Remote access network security including basic security services, cryptographic systems, IP security protocols, and Web security.
* Firewalls and firewall architectures.
* Virtual Private Network (VPN) architectures and implementations.
* VPN applications including intranets, extranets, and voice over IP.
* Wireless remote access services.
* Mobile data networking including CDPD, mobile IP, and short message services.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
OLIVER C. IBE, SCD, is a Senior Network Architect at NetSuite Development Corporation, a company that develops software for intelligent network design and network discovery. He has been a research staff member at IBM's T. J. Watson Research Center, Digital, and GTE Labs; and a network architect at Cabletron Systems, and Xyplex Networks. Dr. Ibe has taught at Georgia Tech and was a visiting scientist at MIT. He was the managing editor of Computer Networks and ISDN Systems, and is a senior member of IEEE.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 1999. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0471348201