This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Most introductory books on manufacturing processes focus almost exclusively on metals. Although metals are certainly important, ceramics, polymers, composites, and silicon are increasingly important as engineering and manufacturing materials today.
The second edition of Fundamentals of Modern Manufacturing provides a comprehensively treatment of these other materials and their processing, without sacrificing its solid coverage of metals and metal processing. In addition, new chapters have been included on Rapid Prototyping and Microfabrication. And new sections have been added on a variety of other topics, including High Speed Machining and Nanofabrication.
Other features of Fundamentals of Modern Manufacturing Materials, Processes, and Systems include:
* Emphasis on how material properties relate to the process variables in a given process.
* Emphasis on manufacturing science and quantitative engineering analysis of manufacturing processes.
* More than 500 quantitative problems are included as end of chapter exercises.
* Multiple choice quizzes in all but one chapter (approximately 500 questions).
* Coverage of electronics manufacturing, one of the most commercially important areas in today's technology oriented economy.
* Historical notes are included to introduce manufacturing from the earliest materials and processes, like woodworking, to the most recent.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This book takes a modern, all-inclusive look at manufacturing processes. Its coverage is strategically divided--65% concerned with manufacturing process technologies, 35% dealing with engineering materials and production systems. Groover adopts an approach that is more quantitative and engineering-oriented than most competing books, with more equations and numerical problem exercises. His goal is to make the subject of manufacturing processes more of an objective science and less of a descriptive art.About the Author:
Mikell P. Groover is Professor of Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering and Director of the George E. Kane Manufacturing Technology Laboratory at Lehigh University. His industrial experience includes several years as a manufacturing engineer with Eastman Kodak and extensive consulting, research, and project work. His technical articles and papers have been widely published in trade journals, and his six previous books on manufacturing are use throughout the world. The first edition of Fundamentals of Modern Manufacturing received the 1996 IIE Joint Publishers Award and the 1996 M. Eugene Merchant Manufacturing Textbook Award from the Society of Manufacturing Engineers.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2001. Hardcover. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB0471400513
Book Description Wiley. Condition: new. Seller Inventory # think0471400513