This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
A comprehensive, cross-disciplinary introduction to the design of computer controlled mechanical systems
With Sabri Cetinkunt's Mechatronics, you can develop the technical background you need to design an automated machine, component, or process, as well as the practical judgment and knowledge of the current state-of-the-art technology you need to find the most effective solution. Drawing on knowledge and techniques from mechanical, aerospace, chemical, electrical and computer engineering, the text explores the theory behind a wide range of basic devices used in automated machines and processes--from gears and pumps, to servomotors and microchips. Various motion-control lab experiments bring together all aspects of the mechatronics field, and provide practical experience in designing circuits and writing software.
* Reviews the basic concepts of kinematics and common motion conversion mechanisms.
* Provides practical coverage of electronics, focusing on information non-electronics engineers need to know to analyze and design systems containing electronic components.
* Offers comprehensive coverage of electro-hydraulic systems with real-world examples from the construction equipment industry.
* Includes extensive and accurate coverage of all types of sensors, enabling you to work on any project that involves measurement and testing.
* Discusses electric motors in detail, including DC motors, steppers, AC motors, and SR motors--key knowledge for designers of factory automation and robotic projects.
* Covers microcontroller hardware and software issues, using PIC-18F452 microcontroller as an example.
* Includes the often neglected topic of programmable logic controllers (PLCs) which forms the foundation of factory automation.
* The first textbook to cover the coordination motion control concepts as they are used in industry using state-of-the-art motion controllers and servo motors (i.e, applications in printing machines, coil winding machines, machine tools, and robotics).
* Various motion-control-related lab experiments involve the construction of electronic interface circuits and the programming of real-time controls software.
* Discusses modeling of mechatronic systems and components, control system design, analysis and simulation in MATLAB.
* References real devices or components in examples and applications.
* Provides a comprehensive list of supplies of components needed in mechatronic systems.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Sabri Cetinkunt is a professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He received the B.S. degree from the Technical University of Istanbul in 1982, M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from the Georgia Institute of Technology in 1984 and 1987, respectively. His research interests include mechatronics, motion control, servo control systems, high speed automated machine design, robotics, nano positioners, precision systems, electro-hydraulic control and applications in earth moving equipment technology, expert systems, neural networks, real time systems.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description John Wiley & Sons Inc, Somerset, New Jersey, U.S.A., 2006. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1st Edition. ** Brand New US Edition ** Shipping is 3-5 Working days by DHL or Fedex With Tracking number. We do not ship to PO Box, FPO and APO addresses. Seller Inventory # 9780471479871
Book Description Wiley, 2006. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P11047147987X
Book Description Wiley. Hardcover. Condition: New. 047147987X New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW7.0874071
Book Description Wiley, 2006. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX047147987X
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # S-047147987X
Book Description Wiley, 2006. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M047147987X
Book Description John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2006. Hardcover. Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 624 pages. 10.50x7.50x1.00 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # zk047147987X