This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
NMR spectroscopy is one of the most important and widely used techniques for the identification of compounds. Based on an established course this core text offers a truly modern and updated approach.
* Provides a comprehensive introduction to the subject
* Includes a multi-disciplinary approach, concentrating on basic principles and concepts
* Contains chapters of worked examples and problems to encourage a fuller understanding of topics
* Offers a pedagogical approach, starting with quarks and nucleons, and moving on to cover NMR imaging, COSY (Correlated Spectroscopy) and NOESY (Nuclear Overhauser Effect Spectroscopy).
As a core subject in many science disciplines, this text will appeal to a wide range of students, as well as practising scientists and technicians. Assuming only a basic knowledge of complex numbers and matrices, it carefully and lucidly aids readers to fully understand this challenging subject.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Spin Dynamics: Basics of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance is a comprehensive and truly modern introduction, written to appeal to undergraduate and postgraduate students, and also active researchers in NMR, spectroscopy and quantum physics. The book focuses on those essential principles and concepts needed for a thorough understanding of the subject, rather than its practical aspects. The quantum theory of nuclear magnets is presented within a strong physical framework, supported by a large number of figures, helping to make the text accessible to a wide range of readers.
Spin Dynamics, Basics of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance assumes only a basic knowledge of complex numbers and matrices, and provides the reader with numerous worked examples and problems to encourage student understanding. With the explicit aim of carefully developing the subject from the beginning, the text starts with coverage of quarks and nucleons and carries through to a detailed explanation of several important NMR experiments, including NMR imaging, COSY and NOESY.
Written for undergraduate and postgraduate students taking a first course in NMR spectroscopy and for those needing a up-to-date account of the subject, this multi-disciplinary book will appeal to chemical, physical, material, life, medical, earth and environmental scientists. The detailed physical insights will also make the book of interest for experienced spectroscopists and NMR researchers.
Spin Dynamics: Basics of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance:
* Is an accessible and carefully written introduction, designed to help students fully understand this complex and dynamic subject.
* Takes a multi-disciplinary approach, focusing on basic principles and concepts rather than the more practical aspects.
* Presents a strong pedagogical approach throughout, with emphasis placed on individual spins to aid understanding.
* Includes numerous worked examples, problems, further reading and additional notes and appendices containing more advanced material.
"Overall for the right, highly targeted readership, this is an excellent textbook" (Times Higher Educational Supplement, 22 February 2002)
"This is an excellent book...that many teachers of NMR spectroscopy will cherish..." (NMR in Biomedicine, June 2002)
"...Overall this is an excellent book..." (Physical Sciences Educational Reviews, November 2002)
"...Spin Dynamics provides an excellent middle of the range text for physical chemists and biophysicists ..." (Contemporary Physics, Vol.44, No.2, 2003)
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description John Wiley & Sons;, 2001. Broschiert. Condition: Gut. 686 Seiten; Das hier angebotene Buch stammt aus einer teilaufgelösten wissenschaftlichen Bibliothek und trägt die entsprechenden Kennzeichnungen (Rückenschild, Instituts-Stempel.); Schnitt und Einband sind etwas staubschmutzig; der Buchzustand ist ansonsten ordentlich und dem Alter entsprechend gut. Text in ENGLISCHER Sprache! Sprache: Englisch Gewicht in Gramm: 1200. Seller Inventory # 1595464