* Digital Audio Effects (DAFX) covers the use of digital signal processing and its applications to sounds
* Discusses digital audio effects from both an introductory level, for musicians, and an advanced level, for signal processing engineers
* Explains what can be done in the digital processing of sounds in the form of computer algorithms and sound examples resulting from these transformations
* Brings together essential DSP algorithms for sound processing, providing an excellent introduction to the topic
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Digital Audio Effects (DAFX) is the name chosen for the European Research Project COST G6. DAFX investigates the use of digital signal processing, its application to sounds, and its musical use designed to put effects on a sound. The aim of the project and this book is to present the main fields of digital audio effects. It systematically introduces the reader to digital signal processing concepts as well as software implementations using MATLAB. Highly acclaimed contributors analyse the latest findings and developments in filters, delays, modulators, and time-frequency processing of sound.
* Chapters on time-domain, non-linear, time-segment, time-frequency, source-filter, spectral, bitstream signal processing; spatial effects, time and frequency warping and control of DAFX.
* MATLAB implementations throughout the book illustrate essential DSP algorithms for sound processing.
* Accompanying website with sound examples available
The approach of applying digital signal processing to sound will appeal to sound engineers as well as to researchers and engineers in the field of signal processing.
DAFX - Digital Audio Effects features contributions from Daniel Arfib, Xavier Amatriain, Jordi Bonada, Giovanni de Poli, Pierre Dutilleux, Gianpaolo Evangelista, Florian Keiler, Alex Loscos, Davide Rocchesso, Mark Sandler, Xavier Serra, and Todor Todoroff.
"...presents the main fields of digital audio effects..." (SciTech Book News, Vol. 26, No. 2, June 2002)
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110471490784
Book Description Book Condition: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Customer satisfaction our priority. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-FEB-46443
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Bookseller Inventory # SHUB46443
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New, US edition. Excellent Customer Service. Bookseller Inventory # ABEUSA-46443
Book Description John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 554 pages. 10.00x7.00x1.50 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0471490784