This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Since the publication of the first edition the number of GSM subscribers has exploeded and it is now deployed in more than 140 countries worldwide. Revised and updated GSM Switching, Services and Protocols now features the abundant new services and applications that GSM can provide. By focusing on the fundamentals of the mobile radio systems, it provides an excellent introductory insight to the whole area of GSM cellular radio. By providing an easy-to-follow instructive text, this second edition will have insight appeal to telecommunication engineers, researchers, adn developers. The highly graphical approach and numerous illustrations will also make it an indispensable reference for senior undergraduates and postgraduates in electrical and computer engineering.
- Details the GSM phase 2+ services, including new data and speech services and service platforms, such as AMR, ASCI. CAMEL and EFR
- Features a brand new chapter on General Packet Radio Service (GPRS)
- Contains a completly revised and expanded chapter 'GSM - The story goes on'
- Presents new sections on Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) and the migration to UMTS
- Includes expaned and updated chapters on Logical Channels and Channel Coding
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
We are targeting persons who are using a computer for the first time at home or at the workplace. Over 50 percent of US households now have a personal computer. Trades that typically didn't include PCs in day-to-day practice now require computer knowledge. Everyone from car mechanics to sailboat captains is having to learn how to use PCs to do their jobs.Language Notes:
Text: English (translation)
Original Language: German
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2001. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M047149903X
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STR-047149903X