This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Often emulated but never matched, DeGarmo's Materials and Processes in Manufacturing has been the standard introduction to manufacturing fundamentals since 1957. The book has long been noted for its comprehensive coverage of the basic workings of various materials and processes.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Often emulated but never matched, DeGarmo's Materials and Processes in Manufacturing has been the standard introduction to manufacturing fundamentals since 1957. The book has long been noted for its comprehensive coverage of the basic workings of various materials and processes. In the Ninth Edition, co-authors RON Kohser and J T. BLACK have added material on new processes, manufacturing systems design, and quality control. New and updated examples, problems, and lab exercises have also been added.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
* Study new processes. While this book still focuses on casting, forming, machining, and joining, new material on rapid prototyping, electronics, and metal-cutting has been added.
* See the big picture redesigning the factory. This edition includes more coverage of lean manufacturing and manufacturing systems design, as well as in-depth material on quality control and process capability, to help you understand the system as a whole.
* Understand machinability factors. The Ninth Edition features a new section in Chapter 21 on machinery dynamics. This is the only text that explains how machinability factors are determined and how the values for speed, feed, and depth of cut are rationalized.
* Learn and practice online. New interactive problems, case studies, and lab exercises are available on the book's Web site, at www.wiley.com/college/degarmo.
* Understand manufacturing fundamentals. The authors cover the properties and behaviors of a range of materials and the basics of various manufacturing processes, so you get a clear introduction to a variety of options.
* Get familiar with the language and the equipment of real factories. The authors introduce you to the technical terms used on the factory floor, and numerous photos and illustrations help you understand how equipment works.
J T. BLACK is a Registered Professional Engineer and Professor Emeritus of Industrial Engineering at Auburn University. RONALD A. KOSHER is the head of the Department of Metallurgical Engineering at the University of MissouriRolla.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley. Condition: new. Seller Inventory # think0471656534