This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
A modern, accessible, and applied approach to chemical thermodynamics
Thermodynamics is central to the practice of chemical engineering, yet students sometimes feel that the discipline is too abstract while they are studying the subject.
By providing an applied and modern approach, Stanley Sandler's Chemical, Biochemical, and Engineering Thermodynamics, Fourth Edition helps students see the value and relevance of studying thermodynamics to all areas of chemical engineering, and gives them the depth of coverage they need to develop a solid understanding of the key principles in the field.
* Highlights applications of thermodynamics to subjects that chemical engineering students will see in later courses.
* Realistic problems introduce students to the types of challenges they will encounter in industry and graduate research.
* The Fourth Edition has been reorganized into 15 chapters, providing shorter chapters that introduce students to the subject in more bite-sized pieces.
* Presents biochemical examples, particularly in Chapters 11 and 12, and in all of Chapter 15 entitled "Biochemical Applications of Thermodynamics."
* Coverage of environmental and safety applications of thermodynamics provides course material useful for ABET accreditation.
* Includes a brief introduction to the new field of product engineering in Chapter 12.
* Instructional objectives and nomenclature lists at the beginning of each chapter provide useful study tools.
* Students can solve problems using MATHCAD(r), MATLAB(r) and Visual Basic programs that accompany this textbook.
* An accompanying CD features a 120-day trial version of MATHCAD, as well as MATHCAD worksheets, an extensive properties database, and Windows-friendly Visual Basic and MATLAB programs for equation of state and UNIFAC calculations. (These worksheets and programs are also available online at the book website.)
* Also included on the CD are PDF files of important data figures that students can download and print for use in solving homework problems.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
About the author STANLEY I. SANDLER is the H. B. du Pont Professor of Chemical Engineering at the University of Delaware as well as professor of chemistry and biochemistry. He is also the founding director of its Center for Molecular and Engineering Thermodynamics. In addition to this book, Sandler is the author of 235 research papers and a monograph, and is the editor of a book on thermodynamic modeling and five conference proceedings. He earned the B.Ch.E. degree in 1962 from the City College of New York, and the Ph.D. in chemical engineering from the University of Minnesota in 1966.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley. Condition: new. Seller Inventory # think0471661740
Book Description Wiley, 2006. Condition: New. A+ Customer service! Satisfaction Guaranteed! Book is in NEW condition. Seller Inventory # 0471661740-2-1
Book Description Wiley. Condition: new. Seller Inventory # Holz_New_0471661740
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # EX-0471661740