This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Experience the story of a lifetime
When you want to truly get to know a person, dates and facts about their life will only tell you so much. You need to look at the stories that define that person's life, as well as their individual traits and characteristics, as defined by human nature and culture.
When it comes to studying personality, the larger story matters most of all. In The Person: An Integrated Introduction to Personality Psychology, Fourth Edition, Dan McAdams presents a bold and integrative vision for personality psychology that puts many different ideas into a meaningful structure. With this text, you can understand the larger story, and discover how powerful and useful studying personality psychology is today.
The text begins with fundamental evolutionary, social, and cultural contexts for understanding personality, followed by an examination of the three different levels of an individual's personality:
- Dispositional traits, a person's general tendencies.
- Characteristic adaptations, a person's desires, beliefs, concerns, and coping mechanisms.
- Life stories, the stories that give a life a sense of unity, meaning, and purpose.
* New streamlined paperback format.
* Updated with recent research findings to engage professors and students alike.
* Presents a clear unifying vision for the field of personality psychology.
* Brings together the best from traditional personality theories and contemporary research.
* Addresses the most important questions that people can ask about their own lives and about human life in general.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0471716995 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW99.0249135
Book Description Wiley, 2005. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0471716995
Book Description Wiley & Sons, 2005. Taschenbuch. Condition: Neu. Neu Sofortversand !! auf Lager !! ,NEUWARE,Importware,Verlag liefert nur in dieser Qualität. - The fourth edition of The Person reflects the dramatic developments that the field has seen in the past 20 years and offers an integrative vision for what personality psychology is all about. It is a vision that reintegrates the classic theories with contemporary research and links it all to a central question that almost every reader is interested in: What do we know when we know a person In each chapter, McAdams makes an argument of some kind that puts the many different ideas in personality psychology into a meaningful structure. 624 pp. Englisch. Seller Inventory # INF1000013222
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STR-0471716995
Book Description Wiley, 2005. Paperback. Condition: New. 4th. Seller Inventory # DADAX0471716995
Book Description Wiley, 2005. Paperback. Condition: New. 4th. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0471716995n