This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Put SAD into action!
You can't truly understand Systems Analysis and Design (SAD) by only reading about it; you have to do it. In Systems Analysis and Design, Third Edition, Dennis, Wixom, and Roth offer a hands-on approach to actually doing SAD. Building on their experience as professional systems analysts and award-winning teachers, these three authors capture the experience of actually developing and analyzing systems. They focus on the core set of skills that all analysts must possess--from gathering requirements and modeling business needs, to creating blueprints for how the system should be built.
* New and expanded coverage, including expanded coverage of functional and nonfunctional requirements; new event-action lists; a new extended example of process modeling and data modeling; expanded discussion of the use and interpretation of the weighted alternative matrix as well as RFPs, RFI, and RFQs; a new emphasis on the Migration Plan; and new coverage of business contingency planning during implementation.
* Focus on doing SAD. After presenting the how and what of each major technique, the text guides you through practice problems and invites you to use the technique in a project.
* Project-based approach. Topics are presented in the order in which an analyst would encounter them in a typical project.
* Real-life examples include a running case, which serves as a template that you can apply to your own work, and Concepts in Action examples that describe how real companies succeeded (and failed) in performing SAD activities.
* Object-oriented concepts and techniques are included throughout the book, and a final chapter focuses on the major elements of UML. Coverage is updated to reflect the innovations of UML Version 2.0.
* Student Website includes hands-on exercises, templates for project deliverables, PowerPoint slides, and relevant Internet links.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Dr. Alan Dennis holds the John T. Chambers Chair of Internet Systems in the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University. Dr. Dennis has won numerous awards for teaching data communications and networking and for his research on collaboration and the Internet. He is an Associate Editor for MIS Quarterly and serves as the Executive Editor for MIS Quarterly Executive. He received his Ph.D. in management information systems from the University of Arizona, his MBA from Queen's University in Ontario, and his Bachelor of Computer Science from Acadia University in Nova Scotia.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Hardcover. Condition: New. 3. Seller Inventory # DADAX047172257X
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # Q-047172257X
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # Q-047172257x