This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
A focused look at the principles and applications of thermodynamics
Offering a concise, highly focused approach, Sonntag and Borgnakke's Introduction to Engineering Thermodynamics, 2nd Edition is ideally suited for a one-semester course or the first course in a thermal-fluid sciences sequence.
Based on their highly successful text, Fundamentals of Thermodynamics, Introduction to Engineering Thermodynamics, 2nd Edition covers both fundamental principles and practical applications in a more student-friendly format. The authors guide students, from readily measured thermodynamic properties through basic concepts like internal energy, entropy, and the first and second laws, up through brief coverage of psychrometrics, power cycles, and an introduction to combustion and heat transfer.
Highlights of the Second Edition
* New chapter on Chemical Reactions.
* Revised coverage of heat transfer, with a stronger emphasis on applications.
* New Concept Checkpoints, which allow students to test themselves on how well they understand concepts just presented.
* How-to sections at the end of most chapters, which answer commonly asked questions.
* Revised examples, illustrations, and homework problems, as well as a large number of new problems.
* ThermoNet online tutorials, with accompanying graphics, animations, and video clips. Available online with the registration code in this text.
* Computer-Aided Thermodynamic Tables 2 Software (CATT2) by Claus Borgnakke, provides automated table lookup and interpolation of property data for a wide variety of substances. Available for download on the text's website.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Richard E. Sonntag, University of Michigan
Claus Borgnakke, University of Michigan
"...a comprehensive introduction..." (Jnl. of Thermal Analysis & Calorimetry, Vol.63, 2001)
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley. Condition: new. Seller Inventory # think0471737593
Book Description Wiley, 2006. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110471737593
Book Description Wiley, 2006. Paperback. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB0471737593
Book Description WILEY. Soft cover. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # 21621
Book Description Wiley, 2006. Paperback. Condition: New. 2. Seller Inventory # DADAX0471737593
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # EX-0471737593
Book Description Wiley, 2006. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # 0471737593
Book Description Wiley. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0471737593 New Textbook, Ships with Emailed Tracking from USA. Seller Inventory # Z0471737593ZN
Book Description Wiley, 2006. Paperback. Condition: New. NEW TEXTBOOK-SHIPS WITH EMAILED TRACKING. Seller Inventory # Sep18-9780471737599