This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Track information crucial to your business with the new FileMaker Pro 8 database software and the latest edition of this comprehensive guide. From capturing customer data, automating employee records, or linking databases, to tracking your own investments or home inventory, find out how to set up the FileMaker Pro database you need to classify important information and improve productivity. This valuable reference provides clear step-by-step explanations and examples for beginners as well as experienced database users, for both Windows and Macintosh.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of FileMaker Pro 8
* Get the "Big Picture" on FileMaker Pro for business and home
* Understand basic operations for both Windows(r) and Macintosh(r) platforms
* Define fields, set up scripts, and create new databases
* Master standard forms, columnar lists, and other layouts
* Create, enter, edit, and sort records
* Generate summary statistics across records
* Learn how to use ScriptMaker to automate FileMaker
* Exchange data between programs such as Microsoft(r) Excel(r)
* Publish or share data on the Web or company intranet
* Import and export XML
Bonus CD-ROM includes
* Trial version of FileMaker Pro 8 for Windows and Mac
* Plug-in tools
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Dennis R. Cohen (Sunnyvale, CA) is a computer industry writer, tech reviewer, and co-author of 15 books. Dennis has been involved in database implementation and design for almost 30 years and was a senior software engineer at Claris Corp. (now FileMaker, Inc), working on FileMaker Pro, dBASE III, dBASE Mac, and ClarisImpact. Dennis uses FileMaker extensively.
Steven A. Schwartz (Lake Havasu City, AZ) is an author, consultant, and FileMaker guru. During the past 20 years, he has written hundreds of articles for more than a dozen computer magazines. He is the author of over 40 books.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: New. NEW, shipped from the UK. Seller Inventory # 303/BRL/1390P
Book Description John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2006. Paperback. Condition: Brand New. paperback/cd-rom edition. 902 pages. 9.50x7.50x2.00 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # zk0471777080
Book Description Wiley, 2006. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0471777080