This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
* The first full examination of the competence perspective.
* Addresses contemporary organizational and competitive issues.
* Offers well-defined, carefully interrelated and fundamental strategic management concepts.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Put Strategic Thinking Into Action
Building on the fundamental tenets of competence-based strategic management, The New Strategic Management clearly defines a new conceptual foundation for strategic thinking and action. Authors Ron Sanchez and Aimé Heene offer a clear framework that incorporates the essential features of traditional strategy analysis within the dynamic, systemic, cognitive, and holistic views of organizations, competition, and cooperation that have emerged under the competence banner in the past decade.
The New Strategic Managment will help you:
· Create competitive advantages within today’s complex and constantly changing markets.
· Implement a strategic logic for achieving the organization’s goals.
· Effectively manage the firm’s resources.
· Tap the collective intelligence of the organization.
· Successfully generate and distribute sustainable value.
· Integrates the wide diversity of perspectives on strategic management into one coherent framework.
· Focuses on a set of well defined, carefully interrelated, and fundamental strategic management concepts.
· Mini cases and full-length cases give you the opportunity to analyze strategic issues within the context of realistic business situations.About the Author:
Ron Sanchez is professor of Strategy and Technology Management at IMD—International Institute for Management Development, Lausanne, Switzerland. He was previously on the faculties of University of Illinois (Champaign-Urbana), University of Western Australia, and Copenhagen Business School, where he will again be Visiting Professor of Management in 2003-2004. He has also taught in many countries of the world, including Argentina, China, India, Finland, Germany, Morocco, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. Professor Sanchez has degrees from MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) in psychology, comparative literature, architecture, and engineering, as well as a Ph.D. in Technology Strategy. He also received an MBA (with Honors) from Saint Mary's College of California. Before becoming a management professor, he worked as a design engineer, as a technical and market development representative for a major trade association, and as founder and manager of a firm specializing in organizing joint product development projects between American and Japanese companies.
Prof. Dr. Aimé Heene holds a Ph.D. in eduational sciences and an MBA from Ghent University (Belgium). He is an associate professor at Ghent University and at Antwerp University Management School. At Ghent University he is the head of the Department of Management and Organization. Prof. Heene teaches strategic management for private and for public organizations and currently focuses his research on competence-based management in social profit organizations. He has been the vice-president of the Dutch-Flemish Academy for Management, a founding member and secretary of the Flemish Strategy Society, and a member of the advisory board of the European Foundation for Business Qualification.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2003. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0471899534
Book Description Wiley, 2003. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX0471899534
Book Description Wiley, 2003. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110471899534
Book Description Wiley. Hardcover. Condition: New. 0471899534 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW7.1116447
Book Description Wiley. Condition: New. Hardcover. Worldwide shipping. FREE fast shipping inside USA (express 2-3 day delivery also available). Tracking service included. Ships from United States of America. Seller Inventory # 0471899534
Book Description John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2002. Hardcover. Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 326 pages. 10.25x8.00x1.00 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # 0471899534