This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
A unique, encyclopaedic reference work covering the whole field of pure and applied microbiology and microbial molecular biology. This latest edition contains a vast amount of new and updated material - often to research level, and well beyond the coverage of current textbooks - making the dictionary even more valuable to lecturers, students, researchers and others in the biosciences and medicine.
* Updates and extends current textbooks
* 18,000 entries, from concise definitions to review-length articles
* Extensive cross-referencing between topics
* Thousands of references from mainstream journals and other specialist sources
* Over 5000 taxa: algae, archaeans, bacteria, fungi, protozoa and viruses; prions
* A 30-page Appendix of detailed metabolic pathways
* A classic book with a lifetime's use!
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Paul Singleton. Retired academic, now a full-time scientific author.
Diana Sainsbury. Technical Editor.Review:
"...this dictionary heads the list of our 2007 recommendations for science-based dictionaries." (Electric Review, February/March 2007)
"..The definitions are concise and clear...outstanding..." (SFAM News, June 2002)
"...a welcome update...a useful reference for advanced students and researchers...recommended for all science and medical libraries..." (E-Streams, Vol. 5, No. 7)
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2001. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110471941506
Book Description Wiley, 2001. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0471941506