This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Offers a comprehensive and detailed description of digital wireless and mobile radio systems focussing specifically on the network-oriented functions of all systems currently existing or planned for the near future. Building on the author's own academic and industrial experience in the field, particular attention is paid to the radio-related specifics required for establishment of a mobile communication system which is far more complex that a wired network. All systems described have been implemented during research for analysis of their performance by event driven stochastic simulation under typical traffic loads. Consequently the similarities and differences between systems are described clearly and coherently. This is practical, detailed study of a fast-moving field avoids unnecessary theoretical approaches to ensure the clarity of the facts presented for engineers in industry as well as students of mobile communications.
Notable features in this book include:
* Fundamentals of radio transmission, multiplexing, error protection and random access
* An up-to-date insight into protocols used by all the major mobile providers
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Building on the success of the first edition Mobile Radio Networks continues to be the authoritative text on the radio-related and network-oriented functions of the digital communications networks that have been introduced over the last few years. Thoroughly revised and updated, containing 30% new material, the second edition has been substantially improved and now provides detailed descriptions of the latest wireless systems designs. The traffic performance behaviour of all systems under realistic traffic load conditions is presented and comparisons are made with the performance seen by the user of various competing systems.
* Features new chapters on GSM/GPRS/EDGE systems and includes their traffic performances
* Presents completely new material on 3G systems, focussing on UMTS radio access and fixed network, and a comparison of spectrum efficiency of UMTS and EDGE
* Details the Virtual Home Environment architecture of UMTS, SAT and MExE
* Includes revised and substantially expanded chapters on Wireless LANs and a performance comparison of IEEE 802.11a and HiperLAN/2
* Offers new sections on ad hoc W-LANs, Bluetooth, WAP and WML and new material on next generation systems
* Contains detailed descriptions of numerous systems including DECT, PHS, TETRA, PDC, IS-95 and mobile satellite
Engineers and researchers will continue to find this all-encompassing treatment of mobile radio networks a valuable resource and it will also provide an extensive reference for postgraduates and students in mobile communications.
Text: English (translation)
Original Language: German
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: New. New, Fast Delivery , 100 % money back if any problem with product and services. Seller Inventory # ABECA25828
Book Description Wiley, 1999. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0471975958
Book Description Wiley, 1999. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110471975958