Now comprehensively updated, this classic text provides an essential foundation in power systems engineering. The emphasis on practical analysis and modelling, so successful in previous editions, is retained while extensive theory and complex mathematics are avoided. The fourth edition considers new possibilities for energy storage, reviews the effect of electromagnetic fields on human health and explores the impact of privatization on planning, operation and distribution issues. Features of the fourth edition:
* Extended coverage of power system components including 2-axis concepts, Flexible a.c. Transmission (FACT) devices and modern switchgear
* A new chapter on power system economics and management providing guidance on pricing and markets in the light of recent infrastructure changes
* Examination of substations detailing digital protection methods, reliability, security and emergency control
* Discussion of system stability and the prevention of voltage collapse
* New problems and end of chapter worked examples designed to assist the learning process
* Introduction to optimization and optimal power flow calculations
* New sections on monitoring and control with SCADA, state estimation and Energy Management Systems (EMS) plus an update on h.v.d.c. transmission
Offering enhanced, clear and concise explanations of practical engineering applications, this updated edition will ensure that Electric Power Systems continues to be an invaluable reference for senior undergraduates in electrical engineering.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2009. Soft cover. Book Condition: New. International Edition. 564pp. Book cover and ISBN different from US edition. Territorial Restrictions maybe printed on the book. This is an international edition. Bookseller Inventory # 327651
Book Description Somerset, New Jersey, U.S.A.: John Wiley & Sons Inc, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 4th Edition. Ship out 1-2 business day,Brand new, Free tracking number usually 2-4 biz days delivery to worldwide Same shipping fee with US, Canada,Europe country, Australia, item will ship out from either LA or Asia,k. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-5470565849
Book Description Wiley. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0471976776 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.1116838
Book Description Wiley, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110471976776
Book Description Wiley, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 4. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0471976776
Book Description John Wiley & Sons Inc, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 4th sub edition. 545 pages. 9.50x6.50x1.50 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # __0471976776