Thoroughly revised and updated, this book is the most important reference for people working in the fast-moving smart card industry. New sections on Java, digital signatures, SQL, and the new PC smart card standard from Microsoft are included. Recent developments on electronic commerce and internet payments are discussed. Readers will also find smart card simulation software and relevant Web addresses on the book's ftp site.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This timely handbook presents a state-of-the-art overview of the technology from fundamental information processing through design, manufacture and operation of smart card schemes. Aiming to enable the reader to design smart-card based systems, coverage spans architecture and operating systems, data transmission to and from the smart card, the command set, the implementation of security mechanisms and the function of smart card terminals. The author also considers the actual status of the appropriate European (CEN) and International (ISO) standards.From the Back Cover:
Established as the definitive guide to every aspect of smart card technology, the second edition of the Smart Card Handbook is fully revised to incorporate the latest industry developments.
"Indispensable! ....an invaluable reference to all facets of smart card technology from system architecture to security methods and from manufacturing to testing and quality control." Hans H. Huber, Editor-in-Chief, Card-Forum and Card Forum International
"....simple enough for beginners, comprehensive enough for developers...it is The technical smart card handbook against which all others will be measured." Chris Hills, Hitex, UK
Computer and electronics engineers in security system development, microchip designers and professionals working with smart card products will welcome this timely update of a classic reference. Featuring:
* Vastly updated coverage of applications design including digital signatures and the new Microsoft PC smart card application interface, PC/SC.
* The architecture and development of smart card operating systems, including Java Card.
* New sections on the manufacture and design of smart card components, contactless technology and data encryption techniques, including hacker defence mechanisms.
* Examination of the use of smart cards in e-commerce, the electronic purse, credit and debit cards.
* Comprehensive listing of European and International standards for smart card construction.
* Enlarged Glossary of smart card terms, also available online in HTML and PDF.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110471988758
Book Description Wiley 2000-09-18, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 2. 0471988758. Bookseller Inventory # 489736