This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
A critical exposť of the health consequences of everyday chemicals contends that human beings are now one of the most polluted species on the planet, linking common products to key health issues while challenging safety reports being issued by top chemical, pharmaceutical, and processed food companies. 35,000 first printing.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Human beings are fast becoming one of the most polluted species on the planet. Learn why your body has become so toxic that you would never pass an FDA inspection:
* The average American now carries a 'body burden' of 700 more synthetic chemicals, including Teflon residues, plastics, and dozens of pesticides
* A fire retardant chemical contaminates fish, pork, turkey, chicken, cheese, butter, milk, eggs and ice cream in most grocery stores.
* A 2005 study of lactating women in 18 US states found perchlorate (a toxic component of rocket fuel) in practically every mother's breast milk.
* Lab tests have found that four common food additives-aspartame,
MSG, and two coloring chemicals-interact synergistically to produce nerve damage. These additives are commonly found in junk food marketed to children.
* In the past few decades male sperm counts fell by 50 percent, women's tubal pregnancies increased by 400 percent, and girls eight years old and younger began experiencing puberty. Chemicals are redefining what is "normal".
Are we becoming a mutant species?
RANDALL FITZGERALD has written for The Washington Post, and The Wall Street Journal, and has worked as a contributing editor to ReaderÂ’s Digest, where he researched, wrote, and edited articles on topics including science, medicine, and inspirational stories. He is the author of six previous books, including Lucky You! and Mugged by the State.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Dutton, U.S, 2006. Hardcover. Condition: New. Dust Jacket Condition: New. 1st Edition. new 1st printing in new jacket. Seller Inventory # 030600
Book Description Dutton Adult, 2006. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0525949518
Book Description Dutton Adult, 2006. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110525949518
Book Description Dutton Adult, 2006. Hardcover. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0525949518
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STRM-0525949518
Book Description Dutton Adult, 2006. Hardcover. Condition: New. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0525949518n