This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Tap into the power of picture books to help teach key literary elements! This complete toolkit includes:
· 8 high-interest picture books, hand-picked by literature experts to facilitate a dynamic way of teaching of setting, point of view, plot, characterization, theme, foreshadowing, flashback, and figurative language,
· 8 companion teaching guides, one for each picture book
· 8 colorful posters, one for each literary element
· Recommendations for meeting Common Core State Standards
· The professional resource, Using Picture Books to Teach 8 Essential Literary Elements For use with Grades 4-8.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Susan Van Zile, an eighth-grade language arts teacher in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, has taught for more than 25 years. In 1998 she was chosen as the Pennsylvania Teacher of the Year. Recently she received the Pennsylvania State University’s Outstanding Graduate Student in Teaching and Curriculum Award. Susan is also a member of the Pennsylvania State University's Education Advisory Council and the Capital Area Writing Project Leadership Council.
Mary Napoli, is a former classroom teacher, now teaches both undergraduate and graduate courses in children’s and young adult literature at Penn State Harrisburg. Mary lives in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania.
Emily Ritholz, a 20-year veteran of the classroom, is presently a middle school reading specialist in Southern Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. She is an adjunct professor, teaching children’s literature at Penn State, Harrisburg, and facilitates graduate classes in early childhood language development on-line for the National Institute of Professional Practice.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Scholastic Teaching Resources (Teaching, 2012. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0545416329
Book Description Scholastic Teaching Resources (Teaching Strategies), 2012. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0545416329
Book Description Scholastic Teaching Resources, 2012. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110545416329
Book Description Scholastic Teaching Resources, 2012. Paperback. Condition: Brand New. pap/pstr t edition. 128 pages. 13.25x10.00x5.32 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # 0545416329