This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Collects poetry, stories, and biographical pieces by Black American writers including Langston Hughes, Maya Angelou, and Kristin Hunter
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Children is an introduction to the world of black literature for all young people who are learning about values and feelings.
- Poems by Lucille Clifton, Eloise Greenfield, and Langston Hughes
- A full-length play by Alice Childress
- Stories by Virginia Hamilton and Kristin Hunter
- Recollections by Wilma Rudolph and Stevie Wonder
- Martin Luther King, Jr.'s most famous speech
- 22 pieces in all, to be read with a group or enjoyed alone
Listen Children celebrates the joy and struggles of being young, the pride in being black, and above all the love we feel for others as we discover ourselves.
Twenty-two works feature black poets, playwrights, storytellers and great achievers (Wilma Rudolph, Stevie Wonder, Martin Luther King Jr.). Ages 10-up.
Copyright 1999 Reed Business Information, Inc.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Bantam Books, 1982. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0553151436