This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The Java Enterprise System 5 Installation Guide for UNIX contains the instructions for installing the Sun Java[TM] Enterprise System (Java ES) software in a Sun Solaris[TM] Operating System (Solaris OS), Linux, or HP-UX operating environment. Companion documents are the Sun Java Enterprise System 5 Installation Planning Guide and the Sun Java Enterprise System 5 Installation Reference for UNIX.
The material is intended for any evaluator, system administrator, or software technician who wants to install the Java ES software. This guide assumes you are familiar with the following:
* Installation of enterprise-level software products
* System administration and networking on your supported Java ES platform
* Clustering model (if you are installing clustering software)
* Internet and World Wide Web
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Chapter 1 Preparing for Installation
This chapter provides information that will help you install the Sun Java[TM] Enterprise System (Java ES) software. Before starting the tasks documented in this guide, you should have already planned your installation according to the Sun Java Enterprise System 5 Installation Planning Guide. You should also be familiar with the reference material associated with Java ES installation in the Sun Java Enterprise System 5 Installation Reference for UNIX.
This chapter contains the following sections:
* How the Java ES Installer Works
* Surveying Existing Hosts
* Determining If Your Hosts Are Ready
* Determining If You Can Use an Installation Sequence Example
* Verifying Installation Prerequisites
* Getting the Java ES Software
* Making an Installation Image on Your Network
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description iUniverse, 2007. Paperback. Condition: Used: Good. Sun Java Enterprise System 5. Seller Inventory # SONG0595352383