This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
There's a huge problem in the commercial real estate business that nobody is talking about- DUE DILIGENCE. The vast majority of investors, real estate brokers and commercial real estate professionals barely scratch the surface conducting their due diligence when purchasing commercial real estate investments. Investors are taking unnecessary risks and throwing money away or making bad investments, by not properly performing due diligence. Brokers are putting themselves at risk for potential litigation and missing an opportunity to help their clients as a true ally by learning these principles.
Having and adhering to a proven system keeps you from missing something and allows you to do it faster, easier and more efficiently.
I've been in the commercial real estate industry for over 30 years and "didn't know what I didn't know" until I became an acquisition person for an investor and his investors. Some of these lessons were expensive, embarrassing and quite frankly, gut-wrenching. Many times I vowed "never again will I let that happen to me".
Some of the things you will learn:
* What to negotiate in the purchase and sale agreement so that you can maximize the opportunities for yourself when it comes time to negotiate further with the seller
* How to properly review leases so that you know what to look for that could be cause for concern
* How to choose a lender or mortgage broker
* Third party reports, such as Environmental; Property Condition Assessment; Seismic/PML; Geologic and other reports that a lender may require and what to look for in them
* Tips on how to negotiate loan terms and specific provisions in them so you can avoid getting burned later
* Conducting tenant interviews and what questions to ask them so that you can uncover any problems or issues that you would otherwise not be made aware of (Super Powerful. Must learn or you'll miss out.)
* Cost cutting tips and strategies that will help you add value to the property once you own it
* What to look for when reviewing books and records and what to ask the seller for
* One of the most critical processes done during the due diligence process is the underwriting and financial analysis, which is constantly being revised during that process. In the book there is a list of questions that must be addressed and answered while adjusting your financial analysis of the investment and will help you to more accurately assess the potential of how the numbers should work
* How to deal with the appraiser and appraisal process to be more proactive and enhance the potential for the highest possible loan amount
* How to ensure that you are getting everything you deserve when finalizing the transaction and what to look for on the closing statement that may be added by the seller or lender as a credit to them, that you can get eliminated or at least negotiated down by being aware of what to look for
In addition, you get at the end of the book:
* A Sample Lease Abstract Form (which shows you how to fill in all the salient deal points and provisions of a lease document)
* Due Diligence Checklist (an essential list of most all items of which you should ask a seller for when negotiating a purchase)
* Due Diligence Document Checklist (an essential list of most all of the documents you should request from a seller when negotiating a purchase)
* Sample Tenant Questionnaire (a sample list of questions that you should ask of tenants when conducting a tenant interview)
The fundamentals remain the same when it comes to due diligence for any of the commercial real estate genres, whether it be office or industrial properties; retail or multi-family residential. It is all relevant as well as applicable, and this information can be used to purchase any of them. It will pay for itself many, many times over. I still use it as a reference tool whenever I'm involved with due diligence. We need reminding as much as we need learning. There's just too many things to remember.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Brian Hennessey has been in the commercial real estate industry for 30 years as: a commercial broker; a Senior Vice President of Acquisitions and Dispositions and ran his own real estate syndication/asset management company. He has represented a number of Fortune 500 Tenants including Bank of America, The Walt Disney Company, DuPont and Baxter Healthcare. With over 9 million square feet of sale transactions; some of which were with some of the largest Owner/Landlords in the country, a wealth of experience was accumulated. The Due Diligence Process Plan Handbook for Commercial Real Estate Investments was written originally as a personal reference tool/checklist because of the many facets and volume of information that is needed to be remembered for each transaction. Since each transaction is unique, there are many lessons that were learned, that were added over time, so that similar mistakes and lessons, some of which were expensive, embarrassing and humiliatingly "gut wrenching", did not have to be re-learned. It is a proven system that makes the entire buying process easier and is useful in any commercial real estate investment purchase, from the smallest to the largest. Investors at all different levels have found it to be an invaluable tool.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description The Due Diligence Process Plan H, 2012. Paperback. Condition: Good. Item may show signs of shelf wear. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting. May include supplemental or companion materials if applicable. Access codes may or may not work. Connecting readers since 1972. Customer service is our top priority. Seller Inventory # mon0001046396
Book Description "The Due Diligence Process Plan Handbook for Commercial Real Estate Investments", 2012. Paperback. Condition: GOOD. Has little wear to the cover and pages. Contains some markings such as highlighting and writing. Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with any used book purchases. Seller Inventory # 0615719635_abe_gd
Book Description The Due Diligence Process Plan H, 2012. Paperback. Condition: Good. Good Condition. Reasonable wear. Still very usable. Interior has some markings. SHIPS WITHIN 24 HOURS! Free Tracking & Insurance! Premium Carrier processing & USPS final delivery for an average of 3-5 Day Standard & 2-3 Day Expedited! FREE INSURANCE! Fast & Personal Support! Careful Packaging. No Hassle, Full Refund Return Policy!. Seller Inventory # mon0000624859
Book Description "The Due Diligence Process Plan Handbook for Commercial Real Estate Investments", 2012. Condition: Good. A+ Customer service! Satisfaction Guaranteed! Book is in Used-Good condition. Pages and cover are clean and intact. Used items may not include supplementary materials such as CDs or access codes. May show signs of minor shelf wear and contain limited notes and highlighting. Seller Inventory # 0615719635-2-4
Book Description Condition: VeryGood. Pages are clean. Book has little sign of wear or use. Seller Inventory # 4WIKS5000KEL
Book Description "The Due Diligence Process Plan Handbook for Commercial Real Estate Investments", 2012. Paperback. Condition: VERY GOOD. Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting, but may contain a neat previous owner name. The spine remains undamaged. Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with any used book purchases. Seller Inventory # 0615719635_abe_vg
Book Description "The Due Diligence Process Plan Handbook for Commercial Real Estate Investments", 2012. Condition: UsedAcceptable. book. Seller Inventory # M0615719635_4
Book Description The Due Diligence Process Plan Handbook for Commercial Real Estate Investments, 2012. Paperback. Condition: Good. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. May be ex-library. Shipping & Handling by region. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0615719635