The North Dakota Primary Sources is a pack of 20 primary source documents that are relevant to the history of North Dakota. Each primary resource is printed on sturdy 8.5" X 11" card stock.
We have created a FREE Online Teacher’s Guide for Primary Sources to help you to teach primary sources more effectively and use creative strategies for integrating primary source materials into your classroom. This FREE Online Teacher's Guide for Primary Sources is 15 pages. It includes teacher tools, student handouts, and student worksheets. Click HERE to download the FREE Online Teacher's Guide for Primary Sources.
The North Dakota Primary Sources will help your students build common core skills including:
· Critical Thinking
· Point of View
· Compare and Contrast
· Order of Events
· And Much More!
Perfect for gallery walks and literature circles! Great research and reference materials!
The 20 North Dakota Primary Sources are:
· Illustration of Road Maker, a Hidatsa chief – circa 1840
· Photograph of hunting and camping party of George Armstrong Custer and guests near area that later became Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park – Dakota Territory – 1875
· Dakota Territory coat of arms – 1876
· Political cartoon featuring Indian warrior surrounded by representatives of the Interior Department and the War Department – 1878
· Cabinet card featuring photograph of Sitting Bull – 1881
· Photograph of Theodore Roosevelt – was rancher in North Dakota 1880s – photo 1883
· Photograph of men with threshing machine harvesting grain – Beach, North Dakota – circa 1910
· Postcard featuring downtown Grand Forks, North Dakota – 1912
· Photograph of sewing class at Bismarck Indian School – circa 1920
· Photograph of President Franklin Roosevelt speaking at Bismarck, North Dakota – 1936
· Photograph of sod homestead near Bowman, North Dakota – 1936
· Photograph of farm family window shopping – Williston, North Dakota – 1937
· Photograph of hardware store window – Crosby, North Dakota – 1937
· Photograph of farm children playing with homemade merry-go-round – Williams County, North Dakota – 1937
· Photograph of Great Northern Railway station in Fargo, North Dakota – 1939
· Photograph of grain elevator and flour mill – Fargo, North Dakota – 1939
· Postage stamp commemorating Lewis and Clark Expedition – stamp issued 1954
· Photograph of painted mural at Missile Alert Facility Alpha- Zero – Grand Forks Air Force Base – 2000
· Photograph of sunflower field in Fargo – North Dakota is one of nation’s top sunflower-producing states – 2005
· Population density map of North Dakota – 2010
Your students will:
· think critically and analytically, interpret events, and question various perspectives of history.
· participate in active learning by creating their own interpretations instead of memorizing facts and a writer’s interpretations.
· integrate and evaluate information provided in diverse media formats to deepen their understanding of historical events.
· experience a more relevant and meaningful learning experience.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want