When you purchase the Library Bound mystery you will receive FREE online eBook access! Carole Marsh Mystery Online eBooks are an easy, effective, and immediate way to read your favorite Carole Marsh Mystery on the go! Each web-hosted Online eBook is filled with the same exact pages as the book, plus additional features like pages that "flip" with a fun sound as you read, a full chapter directory, full-screen and thumbnail viewing capabilities, and more!
· Online eBooks allow readers to access their book anytime, from anywhere – by using a computer, tablet, or other device with Internet access.
· They require NO additional access or hosting fees – When you purchase a library bound Carole Marsh Mystery book, you get unlimited access to the Online eBook version for FREE.
· You don’t need to download Online eBooks – they are available to you online 24/7!
· Online eBooks are available exclusively from Gallopade, and are compatible with Macs, PC, iPad, and other devices with Internet access.
Avery and Evan visit the Savannah National Wildlife Refuge―home to HUMONGOUS ALLIGATORS!― "stacked like cordwood!" When the kids overhear rumors of "gator poaching," they are determined to help find the culprits. "We gotta protect wildlife!" Clues set in motion a wild adventure filled with science, high-tech gear, and fun! "This is a mystery you can really sink your TEETH into!" Before they know it, the kids are mixed up in an adventurous mystery where clues require them to use their best science, technology, engineering and math skills to find the answers! Mystery books have always been a great higher-order, critical –thinking genre, and the "real Kid characters" in this series eagerly get into using high-demand Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) skills to solve each mystery!
In this mystery, there are additional pages filled with STEM materials you can use to learn about and solve problems such as:
1. How to convert tons to pounds and pounds to tons
2. Learn about a rhombus
3. Learn about dew point
4. How to calculate the perimeter of a rectangle
5. How to calculate the area of a rectangle
6. Discover the terminology of etymology
7. Expand your knowledge on urban design
8. Impression your friends with your alligator facts
9. Why do you not feed the alligators
10. What is apex predators
11. Explore Global Positioning System (GPS)
This mystery is geared for boys and girls ages 7-14 and features bother and sister, Avery and Evan, who help their mystery book writer grandmother solve wildlife related mysteries. The Wildlife Mystery series has a strong focus on STEM.
Like all of Carole Marsh’s Mysteries, this mystery incorporates history, geography, culture and cliffhanger chapters that will keep kids begging for more! This mystery includes SAT words, educational facts, fun and humor, built-in book club and activities.
Below is the Reading Levels Guide for this book:
Grade Levels: 3-6
Accelerated Reader Reading Level: 5.1
Accelerated Reader Points: 2
Accelerated Reader Quiz Number: 163111
Lexile Measure: 790
Fountas & Pinnell Guided Reading Level: Q
Developmental Assessment Level: 40
Get your FREE Resources!
1. Download the Carole Marsh Mysteries Wildlife Mysteries Common Core State Standards Teacher Resource HERE.
2. Download the Wh
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
On vacation with their grandparents, siblings Avery and Evan visit the Savannah National Wildlife Refuge in Georgia, where they’re warned of two dangerous creatures: the fearsome alligators that stalk in the swamps and the treacherous poachers who hunt the endangered gators for their hide and meat. Following clues that may or may not lead to the poachers’ hideout and trading sites, determined Avery and Evan are driven to solve this crime and save the baby gators they’ve found. The kids’ personalities shine through their teasing and bickering, but also through the times when they stick their necks out for each other. Cliffhangers lead from one chapter to the next, making this adventurous, educational mystery impossible to put down. Ages seven to twelve. (ForeWord Reveiw 2014-01-15)
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Gallopade International. Book Condition: New. Brand New! Ships next business day!. Bookseller Inventory # OFH-2990000452320