The bushland, parks, gardens and waters of Greater Melbourne support an amazing diversity of animals, including many rare and endangered species. From albatrosses and antechinuses to wombats and worms, the number of species is remarkable.
Melbourne's Wildlife contains stunning color photographs of over 700 animals, with descriptions of each species, information about behavior and habitat, distribution maps, and informative and thought-provoking essays about the wildlife in this wonderful city.
* Contains concise and informative entries, written by museum experts, on over 700 species within the Greater Melbourne Area
* Includes over 700 stunning color photographs of local fauna, taken by some of Australia’s best known nature photographers
* Features maps which highlight key places to find wildlife such as koalas, platypuses and lyrebirds, as well as significant marine and national parks
* Includes fascinating essays which explore the terrestrial and marine environments of Greater Melbourne, as well as considering how we might make Melbourne a wildlife-friendly city
* Is the complete reference/identification guide to the fauna in Melbourne's backyards, parks and bushland
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"Easy to use, with photographs and concise information that covers identification, habitat and range and notes on common, interesting behaviours for each animal. Every city should have such a guide."
"It is a well produced and edited publication with clear, high-quality images. It is certainly a book that all libraries and any birdo should have in the backpack or car, at the ready."
"This book is informative on many levels, an eye-opener on the amazing number and diversity of species (some not even catalogued or named yet, we are told) to be found in the Greater Melbourne area, and a pleasure to look at."
"This fauna guide will appeal to a broad audience, from suburbanites to intrepid explorers of reserves and bushlands."
"The sharp photography and descriptions of each living organism makes for immediate and easy identification. The book would fit easily into a glove box or backpack but perhaps its best place is on the veranda or in the kitchen."
"Anyone who has ever wondered about the local animal world will want to own this book."
"This book presents the fascinating world of zoology in an accessible and informative format."
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want