The Blister Prone Athlete's Guide To Preventing Foot Blisters: Insider Tips To Take You From Blister Victim To Champion
Do You Feel Like You're Fighting A Losing Battle With Your Foot Blisters?
It's Time To Take A Different Approach. Whether You're Dealing With Stubborn:
- If your feet seem to be in a constant state of blister recovery
- If you're spending too much money on blister products that don't work
- If you're sick and tired of the time it takes to prepare your feet every day
- If you're running or walking differently to favour the blistered areas of your feet
- If you're afraid to push yourself because you can't trust how far your feet will take you
- If you've tried new shoes, all sorts of blister socks, blister tapes and dressings, Vaseline, powders or other anti-blister treatments
- If you've given up on blister prevention and are relying on foot blister treatment to get you through.
"The fact is, stock-standard blister prevention techniques don't always work. Especially for those a little more blister prone than others. Thankfully, when you understand the four factors that combine to cause blisters, it changes everything. And I'm not talking about heat, moisture and friction. If you want to get on top of blisters in sport - these are a given! You need to find solutions knowing it's going to be hot and sweaty in your shoes and friction levels are high."
- Heel blisters - at the back or under your heel
- Edge blisters (on the edges of your feet)
- Blisters under the ball of your foot
- Blisters on the tops of your toes
- Blisters between your toes
- Little toe blisters
- Toenail blisters
- Big toe blisters
- Arch blisters
It doesn't matter what sport you play, what climate you live in or how blister prone you are, successfully managing blisters becomes easy, whether you're blisters are from:
Few people are better-placed to help you get on top of your foot blisters. The author, Rebecca Rushton:
- Running - New or experienced runners, track athletes to ultramarathon runners ...
- Hiking - Be it backpacking day trips, through-hiking or expeditions ...
- Court sports - Like tennis, netball, basketball ...
- Field sport - Football, soccer, hockey, ...
- Friction blisters from any activity or shoes.
- Is a podiatrist with 21 years experience
- Specialises in providing blister care in the athletic arena
- Educates athletes and sports medicine practitioners on blister management
- Has spent a life-time dealing with her own blister-prone feet in her sporting and everyday life.
"I'm going to get specific, because that's the direction blister prevention needs to move if it's to be useful. This book will help athletes like you narrow in on the factors relevant to your blisters, your feet and your biomechanics. And help you finally get on top of your foot blister problems. Don't take my word for it." Scroll back up to the top of this page and click on the book image (top left) to take a 'Look Inside' my book.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.