In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, start using Core Data to build powerful data-driven apps for iOS devices and Mac OS X computers! Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll discover how Apple’s built-in data persistence framework can help you meet any data-related requirement, from casual to enterprise-class. Beginning with the absolute basics, you’ll learn how to create data models, build interfaces, interact with users, work with data sources and table views. Every lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Core Data development tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
Notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Jesse Feiler is a leading expert on Apple database development. Feiler has worked with databases since the 1980s, writing about technologies that have since evolved into Core Data. His database clients have included Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Young & Rubicam, and many small and nonprofit organizations. His recent books include Data-Driven iOS Apps for iPad and iPhone with FileMaker Pro, Bento by FileMaker, and FileMaker Go; and FileMaker 12 in Depth.
Learn how to...
· Start writing database apps fast, with Xcode 4’s powerful tools and templates
· Master the Objective-C features and patterns Core Data relies upon
· Understand Core Data’s goals, components, and behavior
· Model data graphically with Xcode 4’s Data Model Editor
· Leverage the full power of Managed Objects
· Use controllers to integrate your data model with your code
· Fetch, use, and store data from any source
· Develop interfaces and features more quickly with Interface Builder
· Add navigation and control features that integrate seamlessly with Core Data
· Interact with users via popovers, segmented controls, action sheets, and tab bars
· Create table views that users can edit
· Let Xcode 4 and Core Data validate your data for you
· Use predicates to precisely select the right data
· Get ready for iCloud features to sync and move data among your iCloud-enabled devices
Category: iOS/Mac Programming
Covers: Core Data
User Level: Beginning-to-Intermediate
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Jesse Feiler is a developer, web designer, trainer, and author. He has been an Apple developer since 1985 and has worked with mobile devices starting with Apple’s Newton and continuing with the iOS products such as the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Feiler’s database expertise includes mainframe databases such as DMS II (on Burroughs), DB2 (on IBM), and Oracle (on various platforms), as well as personal computer databases from dBase to the first versions of FileMaker. His database clients have included Federal Reserve Bank of New York; Young & Rubicam (advertising); and many small and nonprofit organizations, primarily in publishing, production, and management.
Feiler’s books include the following:
He is the author of MinutesMachine, the meeting management software for iPad.
A native of Washington, D.C., Feiler has lived in New York City and currently lives in Plattsburgh, NY.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Sams 1, United States. Trade Paperback. Book Condition: New. TRADE PAPERBACK Legendary independent bookstore online since 1994. Reliable customer service and no-hassle return policy. Computers and Internet>Programming>Apple Programming. Book: NEW, New. Bookseller Inventory # 64978067233619500. Bookseller Inventory # 64978067233619500
Book Description Sams Publishing, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0672336197
Book Description Sams Publishing, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110672336197
Book Description Sams, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 2nd edition. 496 pages. 9.10x7.10x1.10 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0672336197