This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Book by Barnet, Sylvan
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
* description versus analysis
* som critical approaches to art (e.g., formal analysis, cultural materialism, gender studies)
* getting ideas for an essay
* engaging in peer review
* developing paragraphs
* organizing a comparison
* using bibliographic tools, including the Internet
* quoting sources
* writing captions for illustrations
* avoiding sexist and Eurocentric language
* editing the final draft
* documenting sources, using either The Chicago Manual of Style or The Art Bulletin style
* preparing for essay examinations
Among the new features of the sixth edition are new guidelines for using the World Wide Web and the Internet for art-historical research, five new checklist (e.g., a checklist for evaluating Web Sites), ten new illustrations, and the style guide published by The Art Bulleting. Several sample essays are also included, accompanied by analyses that show readers the particular strengths of effective writing.
Henry M. Sayre is Distinguished Professor of Art History at Oregon State University-Cascades Campus in Bend, Oregon. He earned his Ph.D. in American Literature from the University of Washington. He is producer and creator of the 10-part television series, A World of Art: Works in Progress, aired on PBS in the fall of 1997; and author of seven books, including A World of Art, The Visual Text of William Carlos Williams, The Object of Performance: The American Avante-Garde since 1970; and an art history book for children, Cave Paintings to Picasso.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # E-0673391957
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # M-0673391957
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # EX-0673391957