This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
From the beloved creator of The Snowman comes an enchanting big book featuring 124 beautiful pastel illustration panels. A huge, snowy white bear arrives mysteriously one cold winter night and crawls into bed with Tilly. The next morning, Tilly sets about making her polar bear friend welcome and excitedly reports her progress in "civilizing" him to her bemused parents. They are sure Tilly has an imaginary friend. But is he imaginary? Whether or not, his story is irresistible.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"With all the animated charm of his quiet classic The Snowman, Briggs has envisioned another magical winter escapade."--BooklistAbout the Author:
* Raymond Briggs was born in London in 1934. At the age of 15, he went to Wimbeldon Art School to learn how to draw, as he wanted to become a cartoonist. But there he was told that cartooning was not a profession for gentlemen and that he ought to be a painter.
* Raymond then went on to the Slade School in London to study painting as a full-time student. During his spare time, he began work on a portfolio of illustrations of all kinds, including jackets and a wide selection of drawings to take to publishers.
* After illustrating for advertising, newspapers and books, Raymond discovered that book illustration inspired him the most, since it offered far greater variety and freedom than anything else.
* Raymond has always found it unfavorable to sustain a consistent illustration style for a long period of time. He is always seeking to try something else new and different with his work.
* Some of Raymond's best known works are The Snowman , The Man , and The Bear . The setting for The Snowman is based on Raymond's own house and garden, which is in Sussex, England at the foot of South Downs, a few miles from Brighton.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Random House Books for Young R, 1994. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110679869441
Book Description Random House Books for Young Readers, 1994. Hardcover. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0679869441
Book Description Random House Books for Young Readers, 1994. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0679869441