- Easy-to-use format--detailed, critical Commentary and Reflections (a detailed exposition growing directly out of the Commentary)
- Coverage of the entire Bible in twelve volumes
- Includes the Apocryphal books
- New material specifically prepared to meet the needs of today's preachers, teachers, and students of the Bible
- The ecumenical roster of contributors includes top scholars and emerging new voices
- Contributors draw upon a variety of approaches
- Numerous visual aids (illustrations, maps, charts, timelines) enhance understanding and ease of use
- Introductions to each biblical book cover essential historical, literary, sociocultural, and theological issues
- The full texts and critical notes of the New International Version(R) and the New Revised Standard Version of the Bible are presented in parallel columns for quick reference and comparison
- The biblical text is divided into coherent, natural units
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Leander E. Keck, convener of the Editorial Board and Senior New Testament Editor, is Winkley Professor of Biblical Theology Emeritus at Yale Divinity School.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Abingdon Press, Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.A., 2003. Hard Cover. Book Condition: New. Dust Jacket Condition: New. Reprint. Brand new, 13 volumes, hard cover. Hailed as an important milestone in contemporary critical scholarship, the NIB offers parallel-column comparison of the NIV and NRSV; detailed commentary; comprehensive index, and "reflections" that provide faith-and-life applications. Bookseller Inventory # 015468
Book Description Abingdon Pr 2003-01, 2003. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0687063477. Bookseller Inventory # 697392